Bitcoin options volume hits highest level in almost two years – U.S. banking failures sparking volatility
Options volatility picks up with huge momentum, as options volume exceeds 100k Bitcoin — highest level in almost two years.
James Van Straten / Mar. 14, 2023 at 11:47 am UTC
- Options volume is at its highest level in almost two years; the total volume (USD Value) traded in options contracts in the last 24 hours.
- In BTC terms, this has surpassed over 100,000, or over $2.5 billion, in the past 24 hours.
- Three U.S. banks have collapsed in the past week, injecting volatility into the marketplace — which could be a reason for investors to hedge in the options market.
- As a result, options implied volatility has picked up massively, surpassing year-to-date highs at 78%.
- This has also seen a spike in the VIX and Move index in traditional markets.
Research Analyst at CryptoSlate
James is passionate about data, technology, and identifying trends. James is a freedom and technology maximalist, seeing Bitcoin as the greatest invention of the 21st century.